The Classic Homemade Traditional Chicken Soup: Healthy, Comforting and Delicious
Chicken with bones: 100 gm
Boneless Chicken: 200 gm
Carrot: 1 (finely chopped)
Yellow Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
Coriander stalk (finely chopped): 3 tbsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped): 2 tbsp
Chicken stock powder: 1 cube
Water: 1 lit
Bay leaf: 1
Clarified butter: 2 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1) Heat clarified butter in a large sauce pan
2) Add bay leaf. Fry for 30 seconds.
3) Add chopped onion and fry till translucent
4) Add chopped carrots and coriander stalk. Fry for 3-4 min.
5) Add chicken with bones. Fry for 3 min.
6) Add water, salt, stock powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer on low flame for 30 min.
7) Add boneless chicken and simmer for 20 min
8) Remove the chicken pieces with tongs. Debone the chicken with bones. Discard the bones. Roughly chop the boneless chicken. Add the chicken pieces to the soup. Simmer for 5 min.
9) Add juice of 1 lemon. Adjust the seasonings. Remove from heat.
1) Add chopped fresh mushrooms and broccoli florets to make it more nutritious
2) Use Chopped coriander stalks instead of celery stalk
Substitute chicken stock powder with vegetable stock powder
Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve hot as a starter