Breakfast toast made with sweet corns in a creamy cheese sauce garnished with chili flakes and herbs
Bread Slices: 4
Sweet corns: 1 cup (boiled)
Milk: 2 cups
Fresh Cream: ¼ cup
Cheese: ½ cup (grated)
Breadcrumbs: 2 tbsp
Chili flakes: 1 tsp
Mixed herbs: 1 tbsp (oregano, thyme, rosemary and basil)
Butter: 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1) Toast the bread with butter
2) Mix cream and milk in a saucepan. Add cheese when hot. Stir for 1 min.
3) Add chili flakes, salt and the mixed herbs
4) Add bread crumbs and boiled sweet corns. Mix for 1 min.
5) Remove from heat
6) Apply on the bread. Toast it in a sandwich toaster.
7) Remove the bread once crisp (approx 4 min)
The sweet corn mixture must have a thick consistency. Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture is fluid. Add more milk if the mixture is dense.
1) Apply little butter on the surface of the bread before toasting in the sandwich toaster. It gives crispier bread.
2) Apply ketchup on one side of the bread before filling it with the sweet corn mixture. By this method, serving ketchup on the side would not be necessary.
3) Can use mozzarella cheese, processed cheese or parmesan for this recipe. Cheese, butter and ketchup would have salt in it. Use salt accordingly.
Substitute fresh cream and milk with mayonnaise and cheese
Serve hot with coffee. Use tomato ketchup accordingly.