Tangy Mint Tomato Chicken made with tomato ketchup and mint sauce; easy, tasty and tempting
Chicken pieces: 200 gm
Red Onions: 2
Ginger: 2 inch
Garlic: 8 cloves
Mint Leaves: ½cup
Coriander Leaves: 1 cup
Black Pepper Powder: 3 tsp (1+2)
Garam Masala/Meat Masala Powder: 1-1/2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
Lemon: 1 small
Tomato Ketchup: 3 tbsp
Vegetable oil: 4 tbsp
Water: 1 cup
Salt to taste
1) Make slit marks on the chicken. Marinate it with 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tbsp garam masala/meat masala powder, lmon juice, salt and turmeric powder for 30 min.
2) Grind onion, ginger and garlic without water to make a fine paste. Keep it aside.
3) Grind mint and coriander leaves to paste. Keep it aside.
4) Heat oil in a fry pan. On medium heat; fry the chicken pieces till cooked and develops golden brown color. Remove the pieces.
5) Add onion paste (step 2) to the same pan and fry till oil separates (approx 5 min). Onion should develop a deeper brown color.
6) Add mint and coriander paste. Fry for 2 min
7) Add tomato ketchup, salt, 2 tsp black pepper powder and the remaining garam masala/meat masala powder. Fry for 3 min. Check for salt.
8) Add chicken pieces and fry for 3 min
9) Add water and let the sauces coat the chicken well.
10) Cover and simmer on a low flame for 5 min. Stir occasionally.
11) Fry for 1 minute on a high flame to dry the moisture from the dish. Remove from heat.
Tomato ketchup and marinated chicken has salt; adjust the quantity, accordingly.
Increase the flavor of the dish by using the same pan and oil for frying chicken & onions
Substitute tomato ketchup with 2 tbsp of tomato paste and 1 tbsp of sugar
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot as a side dish