A tasty and healthy low calorie recipe
Sweetcorn cob: 1 (shell the corns)
Green capsicum: 3 (sliced)
Garlic pods: 10 (sliced)
Red Onion: 2 (sliced)
Tomato – 1 (deseed and sliced)
Crushed Red chili flakes: 1 tsp
Milk with cream: ½ cup (boiled toned milk)
Roasted fennel powder: ½ tsp
Bay Leaf: 1
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder: ½ tsp
Lemon juice: ½ lemon
Vegetable Oil: 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
1) Boil water and add sweet corns to it. Boil it for 3-4 min. Notice how the sweet corns float on water surface. Remove from heat and strain. Keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a sauce pan/ wok. Add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add sliced garlic and bay leaf. When garlic turns light brown, add sliced onions and stir till golden on a slow flame. Add crushed red chili flakes and stir it well for 2 min.
3) Add sliced capsicum and salt to taste. Cover the pan and cook on a slow flame for 5- 7 min stirring/tossing it frequently in between.
4) Add sweet corns, milk with cream, garam masala powder and fennel powder. Cover and cook for 3 min till no moisture is left.
5) Add lemon juice to it and stir well for a minute. Evaporate all the moisture on a high flame and remove from fire.
Do not overcook onions, sweet corns and capsicum and make it mushy. Keep the crunch.
1) Add lemon juice only at the end just before removing from the fire.
2) Don’t forget to deseed the tomatoes. For sourness/ acidity lemon juice should be added at the end.
3) Garnish with coriander if required.
1) Add white pepper powder instead of chili flakes
2) Add milk cream or coconut cream for added richness
Serve Sweet Corn and Capsicum with tea or coffee. It can also be served with bread, rice or rotis as a side dish.