Cooling and Healthy Green papaya raita cooked with coconut; best served with rice
Green Papaya: 100 gm (grated)
Scraped Coconut: ½ cup
Green Chili: 2
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Sugar: ½ tsp
Chilled Yoghurt: 1 cup
Salt to taste
1) Add ¼ cup of water and salt to the papaya. Cover and cook in steam for 10 min on a low flame. Stir in between. The papaya should be crunchy and ¾ th cooked.
2) Grind coconut, green chili and mustard seeds to a fine paste adding ½ cup of water
3) Add the coconut mixture to the papaya and cook for 5 min on low flame
4) Remove from heat. Transfer to another bowl. Cool the mixture.
5) Add chilled yoghurt to the cooled mixture. Add sugar. Adjust the salt. Refrigerate.
Do not overcook the papaya
Mustard seeds should be grinded well
Substitute green papaya with peeled chopped eggplant or golden cucumber
Serve chilled with rice as a side dish