Tasty Homemade Sweet corn and Chicken soup; simple ingredients
Chicken breast with bones: 200 gm (cubed)
Carrot and Cabbage (finely chopped): ½ cup
Coriander stalk (finely chopped): 2 tbsp
Sweet corns (boiled): 1 cup
Coriander leaves (finely chopped): 2 tbsp
Chicken stock powder: 1 cube
Water: 700 ml
Bay leaf: 1
Clarified butter: 1 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder: 1 tbsp
Sugar: ½ tsp
Salt to taste
1) Boil chicken pieces in water along with bay leaf and stock powder on a simmer for 30 min.
2) Strain the chicken soup when done. Reserve the stock. Debone the chicken and shred it. Add the chicken back to the stock.
3) Grind the boiled sweet corns. Add it to the chicken stock in step 1.
4) Heat butter in a sauce pan. Fry carrot, cabbage and coriander stalk for 3 min. Add the chicken stock with sweet corns and chicken pieces.
5) Add salt, sugar and pepper. Let it simmer for 10 min.
6) Remove from heat.
Do not dilute it too much. Add a solution of 1 tbsp corn flour in 3 tbsp of hot water for thickness.
1) Add green of the spring onion and 1 tbsp of lemon juice for flavor. You may add 1 beaten egg at step 4 for taste. Mix it well to avoid lumps.
2) Avoid chicken stock by using plain water with stock powder and fry boneless chicken pieces in step 3.
1) Substitute chicken stock powder with vegetable stock powder
2) Avoid chicken for the vegetarian version
Serve hot as an appetizer