Tasty caramelized banana with honey lemon sauce
Ripe Firm Banana: 1
Clarified Butter: 4 tbsp
Sugar: 4 tbsp
Honey: 3 tbsp
Lemon Juice: ½ lemon
1) Slice the banana into ½ inch thick pieces
2) Heat clarified butter in a fry pan. Add sugar. Fry till sugar melts and the color slowly changes to brown. Lower the heat.
3) Add sliced bananas in 2 batches. Fry and coat the two sides with syrup (approx. 1-2 min).
4) Place the sliced Banannas on a serving plate. Add honey and lemon juice to the remaining syrup in the pan. Stir it well (approx 1 min). Pour it on the slices of caramelized bananas.
Lower the heat once sugar dissolves. Do not burn the sugar. Allow brown color formation.
Use fork or kitchen tongs to flip the bananas
1) Substitute ripe firm bananas with ripe plantains
2) Substitute clarified butter with unsalted butter
Serve warm preferably with lemon ice cream