Spiced Indian Yogurt Drink
Easy and low calorie spiced Indian yogurt drink with ginger
Plain yogurt: 1 cup
Water: ½ cup
Fresh Ginger: 1 inch
Green Chili: 1
Curry leaves: 3-4
Salt to taste
1) Whip yogurt and water with a blender
2) Coarsely crush onion, ginger, green chili and curry leaves
3) Add it to the yogurt mixture
4) Keep aside till serving in the refrigerator
Do not keep this mixture longer than 4 hr in the refrigerator or the onions added will get stale. Make this drink one hour before serving for best results.
1) Add roasted cumin powder (1/2 tsp) for variation
2) This drink is great for cooling and digestion. Ginger, onion and green chili boost the metabolism.
Substitute shallots with ¼ th of a red onion
Strain and serve cold as a drink. You may also serve it as a drink accompaniment with meals.