Instant Wheat Dosa
Whole wheat crepe/dosa made with coconut and egg is an instant breakfast recipe that is tasty and healthy
Makes 4 crepes
Whole wheat flour: 120 gm (approx 1 cup)
Fresh Coconut: 2 tbsp (scraped)
Sugar: 1 tsp
Water: 2 cups
Salt to taste
Oil for frying: 3 tbsp
1) Pulse fresh coconut for 1 min in the grinder. Add egg to it and pulse for another 10 sec.
2) Add egg-coconut mixture, sugar and salt to the whole wheat flour.
3) Add water to the flour and using a fork, mix well to form a smooth batter. Add more water if necessary. The consistency should be medium.
4) Heat non-stick fry pan. Sprinkle ½ tsp of oil over it and spread to all corners of the pan.
5) Pour one ladle of the batter at the centre of the fry pan. Using a ladle, spread the batter in a circular clockwise motion. Add oil to the edges and to the centre of the crepe/dosa. When the edges starts to brown, flip to cook the other side. Add oil at the corners. Remove when brown blisters appear and the crepe is cooked. Whole process takes approx 3-4 min on medium heat.
6) Remove from heat
Do not overheat the pan or the crepe/dosa burns. The spreading of the batter on the pan should be quick with no back and forth motion. To conceal the areas torn by spreading the batter, evenly place the batter on those spots.
You can substitute water with 2 cups of milk or half milk, half water for flavor.
Substitute vegetable oil with coconut oil