Tastier Chicken Noodles
Pre-packed noodles made tasty and healthy with egg, chicken and veggies
Whole eggs: 2
Frozen green peas: 1/4th cup
Carrots: 1 (finely chopped)
Capsicum: 1 (finely chopped)
Green chili: 2-3 (as per taste)
Chicken Cup noodles (Top Ramen): 2
Hot water: 2 ½ cup
Butter: 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1) Finely chop carrots, capsicum and green chilies.Keep it separately
2) Crack open the eggs in a bowl and whip it well
3) In a separate pan, boil and keep ready 2 ½ cups of water
4) Heat oil to a medium heat and add the eggs. Scramble it well and add salt to taste. Remove it in a plate and keep aside
5) Add butter to the same pan and on high heat fry the carrots well for 2-3 min followed by capsicum and green peas together for 2 min. Add chopped green chili and salt to taste
6) Add the scrambled eggs
7) Crush and put the cup noodles into the mixture and add boiled water
8) Cover and cook for 4 min till the noodles are done and the water is evaporated
1) Do not burn the scrambled eggs
2) Adjust salt as the pre-packed noodles are high in sodium. Do not add salt in excess.
1) Add boiled water to the noodles. It not only reduces the cooking time but makes the noodles taste better
2) Add green of the spring onion for added taste but add it towards the end just 2 min before removing it from the fire (2 tbsp for 2 cups of noodles)
3) Add finely chopped French beans for added taste.
1) Substitute Green Chili with white pepper.
2) Substitute Butter with olive oil.
Serve hot with tea or coffee. Garnish with dried oregano or fresh chopped cilantro.