Beef croquettes: A yummy evening snack, best served with a hot cup of coffee
Minced Beef: 400 gm
Black Pepper Powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
Chopped Onion: 1
Finely chopped garlic: 3 tsp
Finely chopped ginger: 3 tsp
Meat Masala Powder: 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder: 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder: 2 tsp
Boiled Potatoes: 2
Egg White: 1 egg
Breadcrumbs: 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for frying: 4 tbsp
1) Take minced beef, salt, pepper powder and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker. Add 3 tbsp of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Beef should be cooked. Evaporate the excess water on high heat. Cool the mixture.
2) Grind the mixture till the beef becomes crumbly
3) Heat oil in a wok. Add chopped ginger and garlic. Fry till light golden brown.
4) Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown
5) Add red chili powder and meat masala powder. Fry for 1 min.
6) Add the ground beef mixture. Fry for 3 min.
7) Add mashed boiled potatoes. Mix well.
8) Add the garam masala powder. Adjust the salt.
9) Remove from heat. Cool.
10) Make oblong cutlets by pressing the mixture in the palm.
11) Dip in the egg white. Roll over the breadcrumbs and fry till crispy and brown on all sides.
12) Remove and drain on a paper towel
1) Grind the cooked minced beef after braising so that there are no lumps
2) If less potato is used, the mixture does not hold together and falls apart
Add chopped coriander leaves in the mixture for a fresh flavor
Substitute garam masala with meat masala (reduce the quantity by half)
Serve hot with coffee/ tea along with tomato ketchup